Spring Cleaning – Get into the Groove
After our winter season, just hearing the word Spring puts a “spring” in our step. That joyful word makes us think: tulips and daffodils; bbq’s and deck parties; shorts and sunscreen; and cleaning. Oh ya! Spring cleaning…. way to burst my bubble!
Although some of us truly love cleaning… the before and after; fresh smell of our house; the shine and sparkle, most of us… do not. Most people have great difficulty getting motivated to clean, especially, a deep thorough top to bottom spring clean. Here are some great tips to help you get in to the groove:
- Plan an Event: held at your home shortly after the cleaning. This will kick start your motivation.
- Make a Prioritized List: I am a big believer in organized lists and a timeline. The most critical tasks get done first.
- Play Music: Make a playlist of your favourites, or just turn the radio on.
- Set a timer and challenge yourself to what you can accomplish: 20 minutes always seems manageable. The countdown is a natural motivator. Repeat.
- At Take Time We Always Work in a Systematic way: to start, go room to room collecting garbage, tidying and removing whatever doesn’t belong (like dirty dishes)
- Make every Step Count. Be organized in your cleaning routine. Complete one level before starting another. Don’t zig zag around the room or you will miss things.
- Wear an Apron: with pockets to hold your cleaning tools and clean cloths
- Colour Code Your Cloths: don’t mix up bathroom cloths with kitchen cloths etc. Change to fresh cloths often.
- Reward yourself. Once your finished. Look over your work and touch up areas if needed. Now, treat yourself!
Call the Experts: Many of us just don’t have the time for spring cleaning. Like our radio ad says:
At Take Time Home Cleaning,
We Know You’re Busy! And We’re Here to Help you
Take Time to Live Well!