Why work with Take Time?
- MAKE MORE MONEY We guarantee 30 hours per week, minimum $17/hr to start (the best pay in Winnipeg by far). Our cleaners have the option to work more and earn more with optional weekend/overtime shifts. You can expect regular pay raises at Take Time, and could earn as much as $47,840 per year plus travel. No cleaner earns less than $26,520 unless they have requested limited hours.
- WORK/LIFE BALANCE Want your nights and weekends back? You can have them. Our cleaners are scheduled to work Monday to Friday, 8 am to 5:30 pm.
- GET SUPPORT Cleaning experience is not necessary—we teach you our proven cleaning method, and our friendly office staff are always available to help. Along with great pay and extended health benefits for you and your family, we take care of our employees and reward hard work. There are multiple opportunities for advancement within the company.
- LOVE YOUR WORK Cleaning is challenging fun. Every day will be different and you’ll never be stuck in an office. We have the best clients in Winnipeg and they show their appreciation for all your hard work—people love coming back to a clean home.
- A GREAT WORKOUT Don’t buy that gym membership—work for us instead!
What we pay
We know that cleaning is hard work, therefore we believe in paying our staff well. Our cleaners earn $17/hr to start and receive punch-in to punch-out pay, including all travel time plus paid holidays and paid training.
- BENEFITS Extended Health Benefits for you and your family are available at 4 months and include prescriptions, dental, optical, chiropractic, massage therapy, and more.
- STAFF DISCOUNTS ON OTHER SERVICES We offer 60 services at discounted rates for our staff at 4 months.
- BONUSES Take Time also pays generous retention and referral bonuses.
Take Time Cleaning offers TWO compensation plans:
GUARANTEED 30-35 weekly hours
$17 to $23/hour by the job ticket hour; travel and meetings paid over and above the cleaning hours. By far the most popular choice. (Don't like the job ticket hour? then see Option 2 below.)
- The highest starting rate in Winnipeg with 30-35 guaranteed hours every week
- Are you available up to 34 hours? $17/hour
- Are you available up to 40 hours? $19/hour
- We guarantee a minimum of $510/week (no one makes less unless they have requested fewer hours) plus travel time and additional paid time for meetings.
- All time paid
- Full Benefits at 4 months
- A shorter work day— You are NOT required to go the office twice a day only once a week.
GUARANTEED 35 hrs per week
$15.50 to $16.50/hour
Punch in to Punch out Pay
If you are under 35 hours in a week we top you up at $13/hr for those hours. Get paid for Not working!
- A Company Car! (including fuel)
- Punch In (before travel to first job) to end of day (including drive back to office) Punch Out pay, including all travel time. (at the same rate of $15.50 to $16.50 per hour)
- Bonus Program
- Full Benefits at 4 Months (for you and your family)
- Full Time, Monday - Friday daytime hours.
- No evenings! No weekends!
- Optional Weekend and Overtime work.
- Multiple opportunities for advancement within the company!
- A Warm Team Environment
- Morning Coffee and Snacks
- NO EXPERIENCE NECESSARY
- Paid training.
- All equipment, tools and supplies provided.
- Fun Staff Events
Frequently Asked Questions
Do I get paid for travel time?
Option 1: Travel and meetings paid at minimum wage.
Option 2: Travel is paid the same as cleaning hours from punch in to punch out.
If I use my own car will I get a mileage reimbursement for the wear and tear on my vehicle?
No. We pay travel time only. However, if you want, you can use a company vehicle instead with Option 2.
Do we pay for transporting company equipment?
Option 1: We allow our staff to keep company equipment with them. We do not pay our staff from their home to their first job or from their last job to their home (and neither do our competitors).
Option 2: Cleaners pick up their equipment along with the company car each day.
Will I be paid for actual hours that I work?
Option 1: We pay by the job ticket hour which means that every job has an estimated time set for it. We thoroughly test the job times to make sure they are accurate. Our job times are generous.
Option 2: You are paid the same rate for your entire day.
Do you wash your own cloths?
Option 1 Yes
Option 2 No
Do you have to provide your own vacuum?
Option 1 No
Option 2 No
Is there a health and dental plan?
Yes, both are provided after 4 months of employment. Prescriptions, Dental, Optical, Life, Chiro, Physio, and Massage.
Is the advertised hourly rate ever docked?
The advertised hourly rate is NOT docked. We G-U-A-R-A-N-T-E-E our starting rate of $17 per hour and 30 hours per week. That’s what a Guarantee means. Our rate is based on hours worked.
What do we consider working hours?
Time spent cleaning, driving, and attending office meetings, working trade shows, etc. is considered working time.
If a customer has a concern that requires a recall for service, will I be paid for the time required to perform it and will it be at the advertised hourly rate of pay?
Of course you are paid for the time required to perform it! If you have already cleaned that property and a reclean is required, you are paid at minimum wage to perform the reclean. We verify ALL concerns before a reclean is performed.
If a company vehicle is provided, who pays for fuel, oil changes, maintenance and parking? Who pays for the deductible in the event of an accident?
Take Time Cleaning pays in each situation described.
Will Take Time dock my pay for performance issues?
No, we don’t do this.
Twelve months later January 2020
Trainer (Current Employee) – Winnipeg, MB
I have been with Take Time for a year now and I have no complaints at all. The staff is amazing and the clients are great. Everything that was offered to me when I started has been consistent. Wage is great. Full time hours are always there. Everything you need is supplied by the company and you get paid travel time between houses and office time etc. is paid for. It's been a great year I love my job! I won't be leaving this company.
Great company and the best pay
Trainer (Current Employee) – Winnipeg, MB
I'm giving this review because this company deserves it 100%. I have only been here a short time and have nothing at all negative to say about Take Time. The wages are so great the best in the whole city I'm sure. I went from 17 to 19 to 21 per hour in less then 3 months, whaaaaaat. Yeah that's right people, I'm good at what I do so that helped. The staff is great and super friendly there is absolutely no drama here unlike the other places I've worked. The clients are great and plentiful. The benefits at Take Time are very cool and offered to you after only 4 weeks. You do not have to go to the office everyday usually only once a week and they do their best to give you clients in and around the area you live in. Everything is open and honest at Take Time no hidden anything only straight answers. You can write stuff off at tax season gas phone etc. I think I've summed up this awesome place to work and no I'm not being paid 20 dollars to say this. Good luck my cleaning friends hope to see you soon.
I love working for Take Time!
This company gives a busy woman like me the freedom to work in a fun and independent position. The staff are all great people and Cindy works with you personally from day one to help ensure that you are set up for success. Best job EVER.
Awesome place to work
Cleaner/trainer (Current Employee) – Winnipeg, MB
Working for take time has been by far one of the best company's I have ever worked for. Not only are the staff and owner of the company wonderful people, but the pay is amazing too. Take time pays their staff the best out of any other cleaning company in the city, I just recently received my 12 month $2 per hour raise and am now up to 21 dollars an hour. They also offer a lot of cool benefits, working incentives and competitions within the company. Around Christmas I won $500 from a contest they had going on. So if anyone is looking for a great place to work, I highly recommend joining the take time family.
Employed by Take Time: 14 months
Fast Paced and Positive
Upon looking for a job, I came across Take Time. I’ve been here for a little while and I absolutely love the environment I am in. There is no need for a gym membership as we are working hard everyday and seeing the results of our hard work. I would recommend this job to anyone looking for a fast paced and positive working environment with great pay.
Pleasant staff, the Great Pay, and Amazing Customers
I previously worked for another cleaning company and was not happy with my situation, however after coming to Take Time I am enjoying my job again! The best qualities of Take Time are the pleasant staff, the great pay, and the amazing customers! I would recommend take time to anybody that loves a quick paced environment that makes the time fly by and a friendly office staff that puts a smile on your face everyday!
Reason For Coming to Take Time Cleaning
Wanted better compensation because the former was "not enough money and not enough hours
Reason For Coming to Take Time Cleaning
Did not want to stay in a "Very toxic environment"